Monday, May 11, 2009

Canon F-1 New (1981)










A bit about the Canon New F-1 from Wikipedia

The Canon New F-1 replaced the F-1n (an upgraded F-1) as Canon's top-of-the-line 35mm single-lens reflex camera in 1981. Like the earlier models, the New F-1 takes FD-mount lenses. Although no date has ever been confirmed, it is thought that the last New F-1 was made in 1992. It was officially discontinued in 1994, and factory support ended in 2004.

The New F-1 is an expandable system. It consists of interchangeable viewfinders, focusing screens, motor drives, and alternate backs, all of which are specific to the New F-1. All other Canon components, such as the FD lens series, close up accessories (bellows, extension tubes, etc.), and Canon A and T Speedlights (except the 300TL) are also compatible with the system.

There is no completely automatic exposure mode on the New F-1. Aperture-priority and shutter-priority modes are available through accessories, in addition to the standard manual mode.

A little story about my Canon New F-1

As usual, a short message appear in my cell phone from my usual junk camera supplier "Call me now!". So I call him and he told me that he was being offered mint, almost like new, Canon New F-1 for USD150.00 and asked whether I am interested. I told him to hold the camera and I'll see him on weekend. And so by weekend we got into a very tough negotiation and we close the deal at USD130.00 because the glass of the FD 50mm f/1.8 lens attached to it was basically in very poor state (looks like it has been smokin...!). Took it home, attached my FD 35mm f/2.8 lens, load a roll of expired Fuji Neopan 400 Professional and start snapping around. The meter is stil dead accurate! Here's a snapshot took by the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment